I love love love drama.
Not my own personal drama.
But I love listening to everyone else’s drama and then giving my advice.
My advice most often consists of telling the person who has been wronged to “not give one flying flip” about the other person and go on their merry way.
I think this has something to do with my obsession with Real Housewives.
Just when I think I have friends or family members who have problems, I turn on Real Housewives and boom!
Their problems take the cake.
I would have to say, however, that watching the Real Housewives of New Jersey is definitely comparable to watching two of my family members have a cat fight.
When it happens, it happens, it’s bad and then five minutes later we are laughing over pasta and meatballs.
Ummmmm…okay, maybe not.
Y’allllllll…how is it July 1st?
The only thing I can think about right now is that my class is over Wednesday, and I am seriously craving a hot dog on the grill, slathered in caramelized onions, with a side of homemade vanilla Bluebell and a fruit crisp.
The funny thing is…
I hate hot dogs.
But yet I am craving one.
Like, I’m pretty sure I could even go for a New York street hot dog right now.
Let’s get real.
When I want something summer-y, I make something w/ fruit.
And throw some coconut in it.
These muffins are summer on a plate.
They are super buttery.
But yet, have no butter in them.
Sorry Paula Deen, we used olive oil in these.
Oh, and these babies are perfectly sweet.
But don’t have any sugar in them.
Just a bit of stevia……like whaaaaaaaat?
I know, I know.
I’m playing tricks on y’all today.
Raspberry, lime, coconut
all around melt in your mouth muffins.
- ½ c. coconut flour
- ¼ t. baking soda
- 1-2 T. granulated stevia
- 1 T. apple cider vinegar
- juice of 1 large lime
- 2 large eggs
- ½ c. liquid egg whites
- ½ c. unsweetened, vanilla almond milk
- ¼ c. extra-virgin olive oil (or melted coconut oil)
- ¼ t. pure vanilla extract
- 1 c. fresh raspberries
- ¼ c. unsweetened, shredded coconut
- zest of 1 large lime
- melted coconut butter, for topping, optional
- extra lime zest, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- Place the flour, baking soda, and stevia in a large mixing bowl and combine.
- Mix in the apple cider vinegar, lime juice, eggs, egg whites, almond milk, evoo, and vanilla.
- Fold in the raspberries, coconut, and lime zest.
- Drop the batter by rounded tablespoons into each prepared muffin cup.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly golden and a toothpick inserted into the center of each muffin comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool completely.
- Top with a good drizzle of melted coconut butter or a large dollop of Greek yogurt. Add extra lime zest and devour.
Nutritional Facts (1/13th of recipe, per 1 muffin): Calories: 97.5, Total Fat: 6.5g (2.1g Saturated Fat), Sodium: 73.6mg, Total Carb: 6.6g, Dietary Fiber: 3.9g, Sugars: 0.7g, Protein: 3.7g