Fist pump to the max.
I’m currently on a itty bitty road trip with my dad.
Me, my dad, and two pups.
I love taking road trips w/ my dad.
It’s truly a time that we can enjoy together and zen out.
I once drove a u-haul truck w/ him from Phoenix to Houston when he was moving back from Cali.
I’m pretty sure we drove through the night and were so completely exhausted that we had to pull over on the side of the road and take a cat-nap in San Antonio.
Best part of that road trip…State Line Barbecue in El Paso and brushing my teeth at a truck stop.
There is just something so satisfying about a huge rack of pork ribs and a dense block of homemade cornbread after a long day of traveling.
For me…the food is actually the best part about traveling.
Remember that stuff I made yesterday?
I totally put that jam up in your muffins.
Yep, I swirled that delicious Double Berry Coconut Jam right into a banana muffin.
Ummmmmm ya, these are pretty legit.
You know what else is legit?
My obsession w/ Mariah Carey radio on Pandora.
I mean, she was pretty much my idol when I was 3.
Her, and Selen(as).
I’m 100% positive that I believed I was of Hispanic descent.
I still think I can sing Spanish songs pretty darn well.
It’s pretty pitiful I don’t know what they even mean.
Ummmm…eat these muffins. That’s all.
- 1 batch of Double Berry Coconut Jam (see my recipe index for recipe)
- 2 large, ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ c. liquid egg whites
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ c. extra-virgin olive oil (or coconut oil)
- ¼ c. unsweetened, vanilla almond milk
- 2 T. pure honey
- ½ t. pure vanilla extract
- ½ c. coconut flour
- 1 t. ground cinnamon
- ½ t. baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners or grease with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the bananas, egg whites, eggs, evoo, almond milk, honey and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Mix in the coconut flour, cinnamon, and baking soda until a batter forms.
- Drop the batter by two heaping teaspoons full into each muffin cup.
- Drop about one heaping teaspoon full of jam on top of each of the uncooked muffins.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until lightly golden and a toothpick inserted into the center of each muffin comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool completely before turning out.
- Serve topped with more jam.
Nutritional Facts (per 1/14th of recipe): Total Calories: 103.7, Total Fat: 5.2g (1.7g Saturated Fat), Sodium: 86.2mg, Potassium: 85.9mg, Total Carbs: 11.8g, Dietary Fiber: 3.6g, Sugars: 5.4g, Protein: 3.2g