I should be on vacation right now.
I say this because I am super jealous that my mom and seester are visiting family in Arizona.
I mean, seriously?
I couldn’t go b/c of prior responsibilities.
Just when I think being an adult means doing what I want, when I want, how I want, that big ole’ RESPONSIBILITY comes knocking.
My goal is to take a vacay this summer when I have time.
It will happen.
Throw out some suggestions.
In other news, I’m addicted to all things banana.
Oh, and Mariah Carey radio on Pandora.
More on that tomorrow.
Let’s chat about summer things.
Super summer food.
Let’s smash two berries together.
Blackberries + Strawberries
+ Coconut Sugar + Orange Juice
That’s pretty much 4 ingredients
to make one heck of an amazing jam.
It’s pretty much summer in a jar.
Sweet, juicy, tangy
and absolutely meant to be slathered on just about anything.
Might I suggest we start with toast.
Feel free to smear some peanut butter on that toast too!
- 1 c. fresh blackberries
- 16 oz. fresh strawberries, stemmed, and sliced into fourths lengthwise
- 1 c. raw coconut sugar
- juice of 1 large orange
- Place all of the ingredients in a large sauce pan or dutch oven.
- Smash the berries using a potato masher just enough to slightly break them down.
- Bring the mixture to a boil on the stove, then lower the heat and let simmer 15 minutes.
- Turn the heat off on the stove and let the mixture cool completely.
- You can choose to slightly puree the jam using a blender or an immersion blender until you reach your desired consistency.
- Serve spread on toast, muffins, etc.