I’m pretty sure that there is something bittersweet about single serving sized snacks.
I mean, if you just want an itty bitty snack…I guess single serving size is up your alley.
Especially if you aren’t super hungry.
Then again, a single serving size is for a…single person.
Soooooo…what if you just want a huge bag of chips…one that has 3 servings…not just 1?
That’s how I feel.
I want the whole entire bag.
It’s kind of how I feel about single serving desserts at restaurants.
Just give me the whole dang cake…I don’t want a bite sized piece of cake stuffed into a shot glass with more whip cream than actual cake.
However…there are those single serving sized treats that are hefty enough to satisfy your hunger and you sweet tooth craving.
This is one of those.
You know it just wouldn’t be a dessert w/out toasted coconut.
It’s summer and I made us something tropical.
Because it has banana, coconut, & pineapple.
THOSE THREE THINGS=TROPICAL.
I mean, duh.
This is what I call a snack.
More than a mouthful.
- ¼ c. unsweetened, shredded coconut, divided
- ½ of a small, very ripe banana, mashed
- ¼ t. ground cinnamon
- 1 T. coconut flour
- ¼ c. liquid egg whites (or 1 large egg)
- ¼ c. unsweetened, vanilla almond milk
- 1 T. pineapple juice
- ½ t. pure vanilla extract
- optional toppings: banana slices, pineapple slices, melted coconut butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the coconut out evenly over the baking sheet.
- Bake for 3-5 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Place 2 tablespoons of the toasted coconut in a large mixing bowl along with the remaining ingredients.
- Whisk well until smooth.
- Grease a small ramekin with cooking spray.
- Pour the batter into the prepared ramekin and bake for 30 minutes, or until the souffle has risen and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the souffle cool completely before removing from the ramekin.
- Top with additional banana slices, the remaining 2 tablespoons of toasted coconut, chopped fresh pineapple, and a drizzle of melted coconut butter.
Nutritional Facts (single serving, calculated w/out shredded coconut): Total Calories: 167.8, Total Fat: 3g (0.1g saturated fat), Sodium: 138.7mg, Potassium: 354.4mg, Total Carb: 24.8g, Dietary Fiber: 7.6g, Sugars: 8.6g, Protein: 8g