I’m on a “mini” train this week.
Well, not an actual mini train…let’s just say “mini” trend.
I just want a magic wand so that I can “mini-fy” all of the food that I eat.
I mean, can you imagine mini-burgers? I’m not talking sliders here, people.
No, I’m talking mini-mini burgers…mini burger that are so mini that they are the size of your thumb.
But I don’t want just one kind of mini burger…I want 5 different kinds…like a fun mini burger sampling party.
Now, if only I can find someway to create mini peanut butter cookies.
I’d be set for life.
You know it’s Friday.
You know toasted coconut is involved.
You might as well just expect a zillion toasted coconut recipes from me this summer.
Don’t even act surprised when I post things with coconut in them 5 days in a row.
Coconut haters beware.
These muffins are what I’d like to call “poppable” muffins.
Once ya pop ya just can’t stop.
I wasn’t even a fan of those Corn Pops…more of a fan of Chex or Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
When are they going to make a cereal with toasted coconut?
That would be brilliant.
I guess I will just have to come up with that one myself.
Unlessssss…you just want to invent a cereal w/ coconut for me.
That would be awesome.
In the meantime I will stick with these muffins for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Oh, there is espresso in them too.
- ¼ c. unsweetened, shredded coconut
- ¼ c. coconut flour
- 1 T. ground espresso powder
- ¼ t. baking powder
- ¼ t. baking soda
- ¼ t. ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- ½ t. pure vanilla extract
- 1 flax egg (1 T. flaxseed meal + 3 T. water, mix and let sit for 2 minutes)
- ½ c. unsweetened, vanilla almond milk
- 2 T. So Delicious Dairy-Free Greek Style Plain Cultured Coconut Milk Yogurt
- 1 T. granulated stevia
- melted coconut butter, homemade or store bought, as needed for topping (about 1 t. per muffin)
- extra toasted coconut, for topping, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Line a mini muffin tin with paper or silicone liners, or grease with baking spray.
- Spread the coconut out on the baking sheet and bake for 3-5 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Place all of the ingredients, including the toasted coconut, in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Scoop the batter by rounded teaspoons into each prepared muffin cup.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of each muffin comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool completely.
- Drizzle about 1 teaspoon of melted coconut butter over each muffin, sprinkle with extra toasted coconut and enjoy with a glass of milk!
Nutritional Facts (per muffin): Calories: 31, Total Carbs: 3g, Fat: 2g, Protein: 1g, Sodium: 40mg, Sugars: 1g