I LOOOOOOOVE family functions.
Especially family gatherings on Sunday.
In my extended family (the Italian side), we’ve always been accustomed to pasta dinners on Sunday.
Yesterday, we got together for a Sunday pasta potluck and played some outdoor games.
My mom was the ping-pong tourney champ.
You could hand that woman a polo stick and let her gallop on a donkey and she could be you at any sport…blind folded.
Of course, I had to bring dessert.
What? You think I was going to show up with a baked casserole?
Instead, I showed up with a cake…with vegetables.
Yes, I put zucchini in your cake.
I’m pretty much addicted to zucchini around the summer months, and this time around’ there is no exception.
I’m eating it every chance I can get. In my pancakes,
in my salads, and in my cake.
Putting zucchini in my cake is one of my favorite past-times. Plus…I mean it seriously makes for the most melt in your mouth cake experience…EVER.
This wouldn’t be a cake without a glaze…
a creamy maple coconut yogurt glaze.
Yea, that So Delicious Greek Style Coconut Milk Yogurt has definitely got a hold on my heart.
And my sweet tooth.
I would get some pretty devilish looks if I showed up empty handed to a family function.
I might even get kicked out.
I could only hope .
Veggies are the new fruit…put em’ in your dessert!
- For the cake:
- ½ c. coconut flour
- ½ c. almond flour
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1 t. ground cinnamon.
- 4 large eggs
- ½ c. organic coconut sugar
- ½ c. unsweetened, vanilla almond milk
- ⅓ c. melted coconut oil
- 1 large zucchini, grated and squeezed of excess water
- For the maple coconut milk yogurt glaze:
- 1 6 oz. container So Delicious Plain Greek Cultured Coconut Milk Yogurt
- 2 T. pure maple syrup
- 1 t. pure vanilla extract
- For the cake, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a large bundt cake pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Mix in the eggs, sugar, almond milk, and coconut oil, stirring until just combined.
- Fold in the grated zucchini.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared bundt pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly golden and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool completely before removing and frosting.
- For the glaze, put all of the ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Evenly pour and spread the glaze out over the cake.
Nutritional Facts (1/10th of cake): Calories: 213, Total Fat: 15g (8.6 g saturated fat), Total Carb: 16g, Sugars: 4.6g, Protein: 7.7g