Chances are at this very moment I am standing in line to get my blood drawn.
Can you tell that I am thrilled?
No worries. Just some blood tests for the doctor.
I am also 100% sure that right now I am about to chew my arm off being that it is 7:30 a.m. and I had to fast for this crap.
Yes, me and fasting do not go so well, especially when I eat breakfast around 5 a.m.
I NEED PANCAKES, PEOPLE!
You don’t want to mess with me when I have the hangries.
Luckily, i’ve got something to shove in my mouth right after they take that needle out of my arm.
It involves coconut.
Double coconut muffins, that is.
Oh, and if you were looking for a hand-out Mr. Blood-taker
you can fuh-geht-aboud-it.
Try me another day.
Another day when I am not on the verge of strangling you because I haven’t had my coffee.
Another day where I’ve had my bacon, eggs, 2 shots of espresso, and am whipping you up a cake at 7 a.m. just because.
I can’t wait to stuff one of these things into my mouth.
I could eat a horse right now.
But then I’d probably die because I’m deathly allergic to horses.
Nope, much rather be getting blood tests.
Just watch me inhale this sucker.
- ¼ c. unsweetened, shredded coconut
- ½ c. coconut flour
- ½ c. unsweetened applesauce
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- ¼ t. baking soda
- few drops of liquid stevia, optional
- unsweetened, shredded coconut, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Spread the coconut out evenly over the baking sheet and bake for 3-5 minutes or until lightly golden. Set aside to cool.
- Place all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Fold in the toasted coconut.
- Scoop the dough by rounded tablespoons into the prepared muffin cups.
- Sprinkle each muffin with an additional teaspoon of shredded coconut.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of each muffin comes out clean.
- Let cool slightly, serve warm with a glass of cold almond milk.
Nutritional Facts (per muffin): Calories: 90.5, Total Fat: 3.6g (2.9g Saturated Fat), Total Carb: 10.5g, Dietary Fiber: 5.6g, Sugars: 2.6g, Protein: 4.2g