I’m pretty sure that I’m allergic to jeans.
I just have absolutely no desire to wear them.
Oh, and shopping for jeans. That is a whole notha’ story.
They are either too small, too big, too low-rise (hello, I don’t think butt crack is a fashion statement), too high-water (long-legged people problems), too “skinny” sized…seriously, what idiot came up with skinny jeans? It’s like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. It’s not happening Jack!
Now, something I can get behind…stretchy pants. Those are my kind of pants. Lululemon stretchy yoga pants, preferrably. Butttttt…because of my bank account I will settle for a less expensive brand. The great thing about these pants…I can grab a cupcake and then head straight to yoga…or the other way around. I have a particular pair that I wear all the time. I dress them up with flats and a silk blouse, sleep in them, eat in them (p.s. stretchy pants are amazing for Thanksgiving day), do yoga in them…etc.
As spring is approaching I am opting to ditch the stretchy pants to don my legs in short, yet tasteful, shorts and colorful sun dresses.
BTW…it’s pretty much like 80 degrees here already sooooooo pants are out of the question.
Another thing I can get behind…peanut butter cookies.
We all know that peanut butter and I are bff’s.
But these pb cookies y’all…..sooooooo addicting.
The cookies are super buttery and take you on a crumb-y “melt in your mouth” like experience.
What we have here are itty-bitty, fat, flour-less peanut butter cookies, stuffed with a creamy peanut butter filling.
Girl Scouts who?
These were the perfect mid-day pick-me-up yesterday.
They are also delicious for breakfast with a glass of almond milk.
But I wouldn’t know that.
You can also look super chic in your stretchy pants while eating these suckers.
Not like Gisele Bundchen chic, more like Giada Delaurentiis chic.
A catwalk…no problem, but trying to pull off a low-cut Anthropologie blouse, while wearing an apron covered in flour…and still managing to maintain bouncy hair and fresh makeup…that’s genius.
I mean, c’mon…do you actually think those Victoria’s Secret Models eat cookies?
Lies, I tell you…lies!
Run and grab your stretchy pants and let’s get to baking!
- For the cookies:
- 1 c. smooth, no-sugar-added peanut butter
- 1 c. raw coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 large egg
- For the peanut butter filling:
- ¼ c. + 2 t. PB2 powdered peanut butter (or regular peanut butter)
- 2 T. +2 t. unsweetened, vanilla almond milk
- 2 t. raw coconut sugar
- For the cookies:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place all of the cookie ingredients in a large bowl and mix well until smooth.
- Drop the cookie dough by rounded teaspoon onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Lightly press the tines of a fork onto the top of each cookie to flatten.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly golden around the edges.
- Let the cookies cool completely before spreading with filling.
- For the filling:
- Whisk together all of the filling ingredients until smooth.
- Place 1-2 teaspoons of the filling onto the center of the bottom side up of one cookie.
- Place another cookie on top of the filling, making a cookie sandwich.
- Serve the cookie sandwiches with a big glass of milk and enjoy!