Paleo Banana Snack Cake (GF, Grain-Free):
2 c. almond flour
1 c. coconut flour
1/2 t. salt
1 t. baking soda
1/4 c. coconut oil, melted
1/4 c. honey
1 c. light coconut milk (or unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
1 T. pure vanilla extract
3 ripe bananas, mashed
slightly melted coconut butter, for topping, optional
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×11 baking dish with softened coconut oil.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flours, salt, and baking soda.
3. In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, honey, eggs, milk, and vanilla. Add the mashed bananas and mix until just incorporated.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
6. Let the cake cool slightly.
7. Cut into squares and serve with a good topping of melted coconut butter.
Makes 20-22 squares of cake.