Toasted Coconut Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Breakfast Muffins (GF):
1 c. rolled oats (I used gluten-free)
1/2 c. unsweetened, vanilla almond milk
1/3 c. raw granulated coconut sugar
1/2 c. coconut flour
1/2 c. buckwheat flour
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. cinnamon
2 c. unsweetened, vanilla almond milk
1 c. unsweetened flaked coconut, toasted
1 c. raisins
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12 c. muffin pan with cupcake liners.
2. Place the oats in a small bowl and cover with almond milk. Let the oats soak for about 10 minutes while you prep the batter.
3. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the coconut sugar and the egg until smooth. Add the vanilla and coconut oil, whisking until the mixture is completely smooth.
4. Add the coconut flour, buckwheat flour, oat mixture, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Mix well.
5. Add the almond milk and mix until smooth.
6. Fold in the toasted coconut and raisins.
7. Pour two heaping tablespoons of the batter into each muffin cup.
8. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of each muffin comes out clean. The muffins will be slightly golden in color.
9. Serve topped with a bit of butter.
Note: I ran out of big muffin liners so I made mini-muffins using the rest of the batter, so I made about 12 big muffins and 18 mini-muffins. However, the recipe would normally yield 24 muffins.
Makes 2 dozen muffins.