Happy Thursday y’all!
So, I definitely got the job that I went on the interview for yesterday! Woot woot! It’s a part-time job teaching fitness classes to young children and I’m so excited! I know that working with kids is sometimes challenging, but it is mostly rewarding :). Anyway, let’s talk about breakfast…because you all (you all? I meant y’all) know that it is my favorite part of the day.
I am absolutely obsessed with all things pancakes, waffles, omelets, and anything with the word muffin or bread in the title. Okay, so we should be able to call whatever we want “breakfast”, right? I mean, leftover pizza is totally acceptable, oh and half a carton of frozen yogurt that you found in the back of your freezer that has been there for probably two weeks won’t kill you either, right? Right!
So, we should be able to call this bread, breakfast bread…because it has yummy, healthy, good for you things in it like…
oat flour, shredded carrots, bananas, oh, oh, and flaked coconut!
Oh, and this bread has absolutely no added sugar? What the what? Oh, and it tastes sweet? FTW!
I spread mine with a bit of coconut butter and down it with a tall glass of almond milk.
This is bread that we should be able to feel good about, whether it’s eaten morning, noon, or night!
Now someone hand me a margarita…did I just accept a job teaching children?
Carrot Coconut Banana Breakfast Bread (GF):
3/4 c. oat flour (I processed gluten-free oats in a food processor until powdery)
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. ground cinnamon
2 large eggs
1/4 c. melted coconut oil
1/4 c. unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/2 t. pure vanilla extract
2 very ripe medium-sized bananas, mashed
1/2 c. carrots, coarsely grated
1/2 c. unsweetened, flaked coconut
Coconut Butter, optional (make sure the coconut butter is at room temperature for easy spreading)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9-in. loaf pan with cooking spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the oat flour, baking soda, and cinnamon. Set aside.
3. In another mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut oil, almond milk , and vanilla. Mix in the mashed banana.
4. Stir the wet mixture into the dry mixture until evenly distributed.
5. Fold in the carrots and coconut.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until slightly golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
7. Let the bread cool in the pan for about 20 minutes before turning out onto a clean surface. Slice and spread with a tablespoon of coconut butter.
Makes 1 loaf (about 10 slices).