Now, I made these blondie’s yesterday with the intention to bring them to my work meeting today. I have a lot of coworkers to impress. However, even after I told my Dad he could have one…and just one…some how that translated into taking 4 of them! So, I just don’t think that bringing 3 blondie’s to the meeting will suffice. Nevertheless, today we have blondie’s…
made with bananas, coconut, and chocolate chips.
Seriously, these are ah-mazing.
They are slightly sweet, with a hint of banana flavor, and very “cake” like.
Now, I might even go to say that this is proper breakfast food.
I mean, coconut and bananas and
don’t tell me that chocolate chips aren’t acceptable for breakfast!?
I’m looking at you with Mr. I’ll have a giant bowl of Cookie Crisp cereal!
Banana Coconut Chocolate Chip Blondie’s (GF):
2 large, very ripe bananas, mashed
1/3 c. raw coconut sugar
3 large eggs
1/3 c. melted coconut oil
1/2 c. coconut flour
1 vanilla bean, scraped of seeds
2 t. baking powder
1/2 c. unsweetened, shredded coconut
1/2 c. bittersweet chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli 60% cocoa)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line the base of an 8 in. square cake pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment, mix the mashed bananas and sugar together on medium speed until creamy and smooth.
3. Add the eggs and mix until smooth.
4. Add the coconut oil, coconut flour, vanilla bean, and baking powder. Mix until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
5. Fold in the coconut and chocolate chips.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until slightly golden. They should be finished when a toothpick inserted into the center of the batter comes out clean.
7. Let the bars cool completely, then slice into even bars.
Makes 9-12 blondies.