You know what I love about Friday? Currently, I am multi-tasking studying for a psych mid-term I have on Tuesday, sipping a cup of coffee, diligently keeping an eye on my leftover biscuit crisping up in the oven, and listening to Annabelle snore, all while writing this post. And you know what? Because it’s Friday…I don’t even care. I feel absolutely in the zone, but out of the zone, as if I am focused, but with no stress. Ugh…is this even real life? Yep.
Well, today calls for a healthy cookie. Let’s talk about my favorite spice, shall we? Ummmm cinnamon, duh. I absolutely love cinnamon, on my coffee, in my peanut butter (yep, in my peanut butter), on my chicken (yep, on my chicken…more about that later), oh and sprinkled on my Greek yogurt. That’s what’s up.
Oh, and I love it in my cookies. With a banana, maybe.
Healthy Cinnamon Banana Cookies. Do It.
Because it’s Friday, have a margarita 🙂
Healthy Cinnamon Banana Cookies (GF/V):
1/4 c. coconut flour
2 packets of Truvia (or stevia, or other sweetener)
1/4 t. baking powder
1/2 t. ground cinnamon
1/4 t. salt
1 ripe banana, mashed
2 T. unsweetened coconut milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a small mixing bowl, combine the coconut flour, truvia, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
3. Stir in the banana. Then, add the coconut milk and mix until fully incorporated.
4. Drop the dough by rounded tablespoons on the prepared baking sheet. Flatten the dough with a fork, making a criss-cross shape on the cookie.
5. Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before devouring!
Makes 6 cookies.