Happy Monday and Happy Memorial Day everyone!
Let’s take a brief minute to honor our veterans and those still in battle for the great U.S.A. today!
Raise those flags and salute our troops!
Oh, and of course, wear your red, white, and blue.
What’s more American than a banana cake?
I mean it’s definitely not red, white, and blue…but seriously?
Banana cake screams American.
Like…”born in the U.S.A.” American
not the “I drive-thru Mc’Donalds for my sausage, egg, and cheese biscuit every morning” American.
Nope, more of the classic American.
This cake is super yummy, sweetened with honey, and dense from the bananas.
Oh, and it’s gluten free because of the buckwheat flour.
Definitely something you would serve at a Memorial Day party…
or send over seas to our troops.
Buckwheat Honey Banana Bundt Cake (GF):
1 1/2 c. buckwheat flour
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
3/4 c. honey
2 large eggs
2/3 c. olive oil
1 t. pure vanilla extract
3 mashed ripe bananas
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a bundt cake pan with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
3. Add the honey, eggs, olive oil, and vanilla. Mix well.
4. Fold in the bananas.
5. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
6. Slice and serve warm…drizzle with honey (optional).
Makes 12 slices.