Vegan PB and J Cups (GF):
2 (8 oz. packages) of semi-sweet Bakers Chocolate
2 t. peanut oil
2 c. smooth peanut butter (don’t get a peanut butter that you have to stir, makes for a drippy mess!)
1 t. confectioners sugar
1 t. agave nectar
1 t. pure vanilla extract
1 jar of strawberry preserves (I used Bonne Maman), at room temperature
1. In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate according to package instructions (I melted it in three 30-second intervals, and 2 10-second intervals). Add the peanut oil in to thin the chocolate out. Set aside.
2. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
3. Using a pastry brush, brush each paper liner with melted chocolate, making sure to cover the entire liner, bottom and sides. Place in the freezer to firm the chocolate, for 15-20 minutes.
4. In a large mixing bowl, mix the peanut butter, confectioners sugar, agave, and vanilla together. Place the bowl in the refrigerator to cool for about 12 minutes.
5. Once both the chocolate and the peanut butter are done cooling, spoon 2 heaping teaspoons of peanut butter into the chocolate covered liners. Freeze again for about 10 minutes.
6. Now, spoon 2 heaping teaspoons of strawberry jam over the peanut butter layer.
7. Cover the jam with the remaining chocolate.
8. Freeze the finished cups for about 30 minutes.
9. Take them out of the refrigerator and carefully peel the liners off of the cups.
10. Serve at room temperature, or store the refrigerator or freezer.
Makes about 12 large peanut butter cups (or 24 mini-cups).