Pumpkin Pie Breakfast Casserole…say that three times fast!
and more pizza
O my cheesus!
Breakfast hash…enough said
Bahn Mi for me!
Happy Friday all!
Now, I know some of you crazies have been up since the wee hours of the morning, standing in line at your nearest Best Buy, coffee in hand, and a game face on, ready to charge the doors once they open, only to find that in the first 5 seconds, the last ipad has been sold. Okay, okay, maybe I am exaggerating a bit much on the whole Black Friday thing…you could be sitting at home wondering what to make of your leftover pumpkin pie. To the person contemplating the whole Thanksgiving leftover thing…I have all the answers for you, yup, right here. In fact, I have 10 answers for you, with my Top Ten Thanksgiving Leftover Recipes. Get ready, put your best “crazy Walmart shopping lady” face on and let’s get rolling with some leftovers. I will most likely be taking some turkey lettuce wraps along with me to work today! Black Friday, here I come!
Top Ten Thanksgiving Leftovers:
1. Pumpkin Pie Breakfast Casserole by Oh She Glows: Yea, I said it, pumpkin pie for breakfast. Basically, what happens is the leftover pumpkin pie gets chopped into bite sized pieces and takes a swim in a beautiful bowl of oatmeal. Oh the heavens! This is a breakfast treat and is surprisingly not overly sweet. Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup, a splash of almond milk, and a handful of thinly sliced almonds.
2. Turkey and Sweet Potato Hash by Fine Cooking: Yesterday, my aunt made the best, and I mean the best sweet potatoes that I have ever had. They were diced in thick chunks and covered in a pool of buttery, brown sugary, sticky marshmallow sauce, and topped with pecans. In the words of Uncle Jessie (i.e. Full House), “Have merrrcy!” If only I had some of those leftover sweet potatoes, I could be whipping this dish up at this very moment. Think moist turkey, sinful sweet potatoes, and BACON in a casserole-ish dish. What more do you need?
3. Sweet Potato, Goat Cheese, Turkey and Fig Pizzas by Family Fresh Cooking: Really, pizza with leftovers? Isn’t that a contradiction? I believe pizza is better the second day, so it must be out of this world with a ton of Thanksgiving leftovers piled on top. Just think, subtly sweet mashed sweet potatoes, tangy goat cheese, moist turkey, and sweet dried black mission figs. Did I mention, this is all spread atop a whole wheat pizza dough that gets baked off in the oven until a crisp, thin crust emerges. One word…MANGIA!!!
4. Roasted Butternut Squash, Turkey, and Apple Pizza with Bleu Cheese by Food Blogga: Apparently, I am craving pizza like a boss! See above for my feelings on this leftover pizza concept. Amen.
5. Turkey Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Pickled Onions by Simply Recipes: Okay, so apparently the theme here is carbs, carbs, and more carbs. Fine by me. Anyway, I am a huge fan of Mr. Grilled Cheese Sandwich and this sandwich featuring the big Turk has my name all over it. Crisp bread, melty cheese, sweet pickled onions, peppery arugula, and turkey all come together to form a sandwich worthy of any Thanksgiving leftovers.
6. Breakfast Hash with Cheddar Mashed Potato Pancakes by How Sweet It Is: Apparently, hash is in this season.? Well, it’s all right with me. Get you some, now.
7. Turkey Enchiladas with Pumpkin Chipotle Sauce by Baking Bites: Think spicy pumpkin meets corn tortillas, shredded turkey, and melted mozzarella and cotija cheeses. Bring on the fiesta! Ole!
8. Turkey Bahn Mi Sandwich by Martha Stewart: Now, I was just talking with my Dad about our mutual love for these Vietnamese sub sandwiches, but this, this is brilliant. There is nothing better than a toasted whole-wheat baguette spread with a thin layer of spicy mayonnaise, fresh, crisp vegetables, and fragrant cilantro. Add some turkey to this mixture and you will be in Thanksgiving leftover heaven! Yum!
9. Thanksgiving Turkey Sandwich by Spoon Fork Bacon: The best turkey sandwich you will ever eat. It’s basically, all your thanksgiving favorites, layered one by one in between two pieces of crisp bread. It doesn’t get any better than this.
10. Sweet Potato and Marshmallow Biscuits by Smitten Kitchen: Yea, definitely a trend here: carbs, carbs, and more carbs. Fine by me. No big deal. Sweet potatoes and marshmallows in a flaky, crusted biscuit. Holy Thanksgiving Leftovers Batman! All I need is some apple butter and I am good to go!