Happy Friday everyone!
Okay, so you probably know by now that my love relationship with peanut butter is no joke. I have an absolute obsession with it! Of course, there are some awesome nut butters other than peanut butter, for example; almond butter, walnut butter, and even macadamia nut butter, o my! However, in my opinion, nothing compares to peanut butter. My favorite is extra crunchy p.b., but I will settle for smooth p.b. if I have to. It’s the smell of freshly roasted peanuts that gets me each and every time I open a jar of J.I.F. (yes, I still prefer J.I.F. to the “natural” stuff…don’t judge me)! In keeping with the p.b. theme, I thought I would share with you my top 10 links to my favorite recipes that highlight peanut butter as the star ingredient. On another note, last week the food blogging community was hit with some unexpected news. Jennie, from In Jennie’s Kitchen, informed us of the unfortunate news of her husband Mikey’s passing. Jennie is a very strong woman, and in her post to the entire community, which you can read here, she expressed her undying love for her husband. She also shared with us Mikey’s love of peanut butter pie, in which she posted her recipe in his honor. Most importantly, Jennie requested that we all make peanut butter pie in honor of Mikey. I learned of the news as of late, and was unable to whip up a pie in his honor. However, I will do one more and post all of these peanut butter links in honor of Mikey and Jennie. Family is truly important to me, and I know what it is like to loose a family member. One day you could be laughing and cooking in the kitchen with one another, and in an instant, they could be gone. So, I ask all of you to cherish those precious moments with your loved ones, cook for them, feed them, hell, take them to an amusement park and go crazy! Whatever it is that you do, love them 100%!
Peanut Butter Love for Mikey and Jennie:
1. Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake from Smitten Kitchen: I nearly drooled when I saw this cake. Can you say Happy Birthday Chelsy?
2. Creamy Peanut Butter Hummus from How Sweet It Is: Peanut Butter + Hummus= Pass the pita chips per favore!
3. Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce from The Parsley Thief: Kabobs of grilled chicken w/ a smooth, peanutty, dipping sauce…need I say more?
4. Peanut Butter and Banana Cream Pie from Ezra Pound Cake: What could be better than a crisp vanilla wafer crust, layered with a banana filling, topped with a peanut butter whipped cream, and garnished with fresh chopped peanuts ? Holy Moly!
5. Banana Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting from Slow Like Honey: More bananas+peanut butter, I might as well put my blue suede shoes on and sing me some “Jailhouse Rock.”
6. Peanut Butter Spread by Espresso and Cream: I cannot wait to try this on my whole-wheat Eggo waffles!
7. Peanut Butter Granola from Healthy Food For Living: Peanut Butter+Oats+Peanuts+Agave Nectar+some other healthy ingredients=great pre or post-workout fuel!
8. Individual Peanut Butter Cheesecakes from Healthy Food For Living: Please explain to me how these are considered “healthy.” Whatever…those Back to Nature cookies are calling my name!
9. Mini Peanut Butter Pies by Food + Words: Seriously, personal peanut butter pies, Houston we have a problem!
10. Gluten-Free, Diary-Free Peanut Butter Pie from Ginger Lemon Girl: Here is a great dessert for all my little people with allergies (hope you like this one Les)!
That is all for Friday Link Love. I suggest y’all get into the kitchen a.s.a.p. and start making some of these fabulous p.b. recipes. Then…go ahead and share them with your loved ones, nothing says “I love you” like a big ole’ slice of peanut butter pie!!!