Fluffy Almond Flour Flapjacks
1 Tbs. water
1 Tbs. Mexican vanilla extract
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 Tbs. brown sugar
1/4 c. granulated sugar
1/2 c. almond meal
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
powdered sugar, for dusting
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, water, and vanilla until fully combined.
2. Add the cinnamon through the salt to the mixing bowl and combine everything together with a spatula.
3. Heat a non-stick pan over low-medium or medium heat on the stove.
4. Add the flapjack batter to the pan using a ladle or a cup measure, working in batches, about 1/4 c. of batter at a time, creating small “silver dollar” size flapjacks.
5. Cook the flapjacks until small bubbles begin to form in the batter, about five minutes on each side.
6. Serve the flapjacks dusted with powdered sugar, fresh maple syrup, and a dollop of butter. If you are feeling more like dessert, add some homemade whipped cream and fresh strawberries to the top, bada-bing, bada-bing-bang-boom!
Note: Do not cook these flapjacks over high heat! The lower the heat, the better! They will burn easily if cooked past a medium temperature.