Archives for September 2010
5 Campari tomatoes (you can use Roma’s if you can’t find Campari’s)
extra virgin olive oil
14.65 oz. can quartered artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
palmful of fresh basil, roughly chopped
2 oz. crumbled goat cheese (I used a Mediterranean and herb flavor)
5 egg whites, lightly beaten
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 c. milk
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Cut the tomatoes in half and place them in aluminum foil.
3. Place the wrapped tomatoes in a small square baking pan and drizzle them with the evoo.
4. Bake the tomatoes in the oven for 35 minutes-1 hour, or until roasted (roasting time depends on your oven).
5. Using an electric mixer, beat the eggs and milk together until fully incorporated.
6. Spray a medium size souffle dish with cooking spray.
7. Layer the chopped basil on the bottom of the dish.
8. Layer the artichokes over the basil.
9. Layer the goat cheese over the artichokes.
10. Take the roasted tomatoes out of the oven and layer them over the artichokes.
11. Pour the egg mixture over all of the layered ingredients.
12. Season with salt and pepper.
13. Bake the frittata in the oven at 350 degrees F for 55 minutes or until golden brown.