Hey ya’ll!!! Sorry I haven’t posted in a few days, I have been preparing for my last semester of college…which includes lots of school lunch recipes (that I hope to be sharing with you really soon)! Anyways, I just wanted to make this Wednesday, a “wordless” Wednesday (disregard all of the stuff I am saying now). I hope to share with you many more wordless Wednesday’s as often as I get the chance. Now, for the main event…a dish that alone, speaks for itself in all of it’s beauty, wonder, and simplicity (but of course I will share the recipe with you)! MANGIA!
Baked Zucchini Roll-Ups with Basil and Cheese
2 medium to large zucchini squash
extra virgin olive oil
4 oz plain goat cheese
1/4 c. shredded Parmesan
fresh basil, roughly chopped
1/2 of a lemon, juiced
28 oz. can diced tomatoes, and their juices
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Slice the zucchini lengthwise into 1/4 inch strips (I used a knife to cut them, so it wasn’t exactly approximate…but a mandolin would work).
3. Place the zucchini strips onto a cookie sheet and lightly coat with salt and pepper, drizzle with evoo.
4. Place zucchini in oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until the zucchini are tender to the touch and are lightly browned.
5. In a small bowl mix together the cheeses, basil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
6. Place the zucchini strips in a large baking dish and spread the cheesy/herby mixture on one end of each zucchini strip, and gently roll them up.
7. Pour the can of diced tomatoes over the zucchini and season with salt and pepper.
8. Place the dish in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the tomatoes are bubbling.
9. Enjoy as a side dish or main veggie meal (top with Parmesan if desired)!