Yo, it’s Monday…roll out people.
Let’s start this week off with a Secret Recipe Club sesh.
It’s going to blow your mind.
Amy is Italian…I’m Italian…she automatically won my heart and gets 1010101028347382 points in my book!
Her mother inspired her to cook at a young age and Amy is now throwing it down in the kitchen for all of her family and friends.
Like me, she comes from a huge Italian family, where the kitchen is the most important room in the house.
I know first hand that the kitchen is the end all and be all in the family, it is where all members of the family join together to share food, fun, and good conversation.
Y’all…you know what I had my heart set on…desserts
Soooooo, I just HADDDDD to make Amy’s Chocolate Chip Blondies.
I mean, c’mon…how could you pass them up?
You know I went and put my own spin on things with this recipe.
Chelsy made it paleo.
Instead of butter I used melted coconut butter.
I also used a combination of coconut sugar and maple syrup to keep these babies refined sugar-free.
Lastly, I replaced the regular flour with coconut flour…which can be kind of tricky because coconut flour is super absorbent and you need waaaaaay less than regular flour.
Everything went easy peasy…thankfully
Y’all…I’m totally speechless.
These chocolate chip blondies are dangerous.
They are super moist, yet rich, and ohhhhh my gosh the ooey, gooey, melted chocolate chips make the bar.
Oh, and basically, it’s like eating a square of chocolate chip cake.
Oh, and you won’t feel guilty…because it’s just a square, not a slice.
So, these are pretty much calorie-free.
Feel free to start that diet this week.
- ¾ c. coconut sugar
- 2 T. pure maple syrup
- ½ c. melted coconut butter
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 t. pure vanilla extract
- 3 T. full-fat coconut milk
- ¼ c. + 2 T. coconut flour
- ½ t. baking powder
- ½ t. salt
- 1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8×8 in. square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar, maple syrup, coconut butter, eggs, vanilla, and coconut milk until smooth.
- Stir in the coconut flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bars comes out clean.
- Let cool before cutting into squares.
- Serve with a large glass of cold milk!