Sometimes being an adult is tough.
I just want my parents to make life decisions for me.
Ya know, I want my mom to make me a pb & j, burn the toast, and cut them into 4 separate triangles.
I want to not have to think about what effect my choices will have on my future.
I just want to rock some navy blue keds w/ a plaid scrunchie and blast Spice Girl’s and Wilson Phillips…sing at the top of my lungs, and eat as much pizza as I want.
I want to have my cake and eat it too.
If that makes sense.
Thanks be to gaaaaaaawd that I can make decisions when it comes to food.
Hello, banana bread.
This one has good for you stuff in it.
Like a chocolate chip cinnamon swirl.
It’s totally got a coconut cinnamon glaze on top too!
Oh, and it’s got coffee flavored protein powder in it too!
Because, ya know…a little protein never hurt anybody.
So, this bread has got to be healthy, riggggggght?
- For the bread:
- 2 large, very ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- ¼ c. unsalted, roasted cashew butter
- 2 T. melted coconut butter
- ¼ c. granulated stevia
- 2 T. coffee flavored protein powder (I used Garden of Life Raw Protein brand)
- 2 T. coconut flour
- ½ t. baking powder
- ½ t. baking soda
- ½ t. pure vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- For the swirl:
- 2 T. coconut butter
- 1 T. ground cinnamon
- 1 T. pure maple syrup
- ¼ c. vegan mini chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life brand)
- For the glaze:
- 2 T. slightly melted coconut butter (I used Artisan brand for this)
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- For the bread, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease an 8×8 square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the bananas, eggs, cashew butter, coconut butter, and stevia until smooth.
- Stir in the protein powder, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla, and salt.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- For the swirl, combine all of the ingredients in a small mixing bowl, and melt gradually in the microwave, stirring until smooth and completely melted (10-12 minute intervals).
- Pour the swirl mixture on top of the batter and use a knife to swirl the chocolate throughout the baking dish.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Let cool completely, cut into squares.
- For the glaze, combine both ingredients in a small mixing bowl, mixing until smooth.
- Drizzle the glaze over each square of banana bread.