Y’all…I apologize for the lack of posting over the past couple of weeks.
I have been staying in tip top shape running around like a chicken with my head cut off.
My days usually look something like this: eat breakfast, workout, eat lunch, school, internship, eat dinner, sleep.
Let’s just say I am glad I even have time to eat.
Eating is super important to me and when I’m on the go, it can be extremely stressful and difficult to eat a good meal.
I am a three meals a day kind of person, but I still have hunger pangs mid-afternoon.
That’s where my healthy snacks come in handy.
Because I have a sweet tooth, it is often hard to turn down anything dessert-like. However, I can usually satisfy most of my cravings with healthier options.
This usually involves a banana w/ smear of peanut butter or cashew butter, or Greek yogurt, with fresh fruit, cinnamon, and a bit of stevia mixed in.
Or, I go for my ultimate snack: toasted coconut over a sliced banana with a bit of cocoa powder.
Guess what? My snacking woes just got sooooooo much easier.
Last year I posted about the Skinnygirl Snack Swap.
Basically, Skinnygirl encourages women to swap out their snacks for healthier options with the Skinnygirl Snack Swap Campaign.
Yes, you just have to swap one of your snacks for a healthier snack…it’s that easy.
But wait…Skinnygirl has it’s own Skinnygirl Snack Swap website which features playful tools that ask users to choose their favorite snack, and then personally picks healthier options to match that craving.
Oh, yes, that is awesome technology.
Well, that was version 1.0.
Allow me to introduce you to the even bigger and better Skinnygirl Snack Swap version 2.0.
Everything is the same with the interactive tools.
The main difference between the previous and new version is that Skinnygirl has added 27 new recipes
that match the flavor profiles of their Skinnygirl Tasty Nutrition Bars!
This means that you can find flavor profiles that match the Banana Oatmeal Dark Chocolate Bar, the Dark Chocolate Multigrain Pretzel Bar, the Chocolate Peanut Butter with Sea Salt Bar, the Lemon Swirl Bar, the Dark Chocolate Almond with Coconut Bar, and the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Protein Bar.
I know…it’s pretty amazing.
The site has a variety of nutritionist-approved healthy snack swap recipes.
Plus, you can join in on the fun by participating in the snack swap through social media.
Here’s the best part.
There is a giveaway.
Yes, I know…Skinnygirl is pretty awesome.
Y’all this Skinnygirl Snack Swap is legit.
I chose a recipe to try from the snack swap and it was crazy good.
I had to stick to my coconut + dark chocolate guns and go with this flavor profile.
I mean, just look at that chocolate goodness.
Yes, that is a brownie.
That chocolate frosting is seriously the icing on the cake.
It’s made with avocado.
Don’t be scared.
It’s a genius idea + it adds a healthy dose of good fat.
Did I mention these things are paleo, gluten-free, and grain-free?
To enter the GIVEAWAY to win an assortment of Skinnygirl Tasty Nutrition Bars:
1). Follow Skinnygirl Daily on Facebook.
4). Post about the giveaway on Twitter: “I just entered to win a box of @SkinnygirlDaily Tasty Nutrition Bars on Mangia @misschelsmangia, enter now !”
PLEASE LEAVE A SEPARATE COMMENT BELOW FOR EACH ENTRY.
- ∙ ½ cup less 1 Tbsp coconut flour (50 g)
- ∙ ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ∙ ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ∙ 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- ∙ ½ tsp salt
- ∙ ½ tsp baking soda
- ∙ 3 eggs, at room temperature
- ∙ ½ cup plus 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- ∙ 1 tsp coconut extract
- ∙ 1 ripe avocado
- ∙ ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ∙ ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ∙ ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ∙ ¼ cup sliced almonds
- ∙ Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 300ºF and grease an 8×8 or 9×9 glass baking dish (8×8 or 9×9).
- Mix together all ingredients either by hand, with an electric mixer or with a highspeed
- Pour into the baking dish and bake for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the
- center comes out clean.
- Add all of the frosting ingredients to a food processor and pulse to combine. Continue to pulse until the mixture is smooth and fudgy, scraping down the sides as needed.
- In a hot, dry skillet, add the ingredients for the topping. Toast until brown and fragrant.
- Be careful; coconut burns quickly.
- When the brownies have cooled completely, top them with the frosting and then sprinkle with toasted coconut and almonds.
- Slice and serve or store in airtight container in refrigerator.